So January's in the books; suffice to say it wasn't too pleasnat for many people. (Though not, apparently, banks; Macro Man has heard a couple anecdotes of record Januaries for financials.) With payrolls and ISM today, February could start on equally treacherous footing.
The candlestick pattern (whatever it may be called) didn't work yesterday; whether that sets the stage for a more pronounced rally or an even more painful decline remains to be seen.
- ► 2014 (158)
- ► 2013 (85)
- ► 2012 (119)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (213)
- ► 2009 (248)
- What's going on with wheat?
- Don't you hate it when that happens?
- I'll HUF and I'll puff and I'll blow your peg down...
- Has anything changed (except the weather?)
- Quiz answers
- An analysis that may interest only me
- A Quiz For While I'm Gone
- Bonds Get Kervieled
- Should We Love Equities?
- At least the hangnail won't kill ya!
- Mixed signals
- Is there anything more irrelevant than G7?
- Macro Man isn't sure...
- A couple of apparent mispricings
- Top 10 most difficult things to do when you feel l...
- Very ugly, very quickly
- An Open Letter to Gordon Brown
- Snowed Under
- After one day...
- In the books
- ▼ February (20)
- ► 2007 (336)