To buy or not to buy? That is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to stay flat against a sea of troubles,
And by not trading end them? To buy: to sleep
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache of half a thousand natural stocks
the buy adheres to, tis a consolation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To buy: no sleep
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep whilst flat what dreams may come
When stocks have shuffled off this boom/bust line,
Must give us pause; there's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life;
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
The bank's write-down, the broker's contumely,
The pangs of despised bonds, the law's delay,
The insolence of credit and the spurns
That patient merit of the unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a flat position? When t'market is a bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after hours,
The non-decoupled country from whose stocks
No manager returns, puzzles the will
And makes us rather buy the stocks we know
Than fly to others we know not of?
Thus resistance does make cowards of us all;
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
And allocations of great pith and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry,
And lose the name of action. - Soft you now!
The inverted head and shoulder! Nymph, in thy orisons,
Be my performance remembered.
- ► 2015 (69)
- ► 2014 (167)
- ► 2013 (85)
- ► 2012 (119)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (213)
- ► 2009 (248)
- Assessing US equities
- Picking a bottom in the US housing market.....or n...
- Old School
- Bank Holiday Special: Should the West put Wogan in...
- Thrown for a curve
- Motor up....power down
- The Dog Ate My Homework
- Feeling nervous
- Non-predictions for 2008: Marking to market
- Weekend special: What happens when you hit the pa...
- A short introspection after a difficult week
- Economic Policy in the 21st Century
- The Fed finds religion
- My least favourite kind of market
- Three Axioms of Globalization
- Passing the pink flamingo
- Thoughts in the back of my mind
- Dollar/Asia: time for a reversal?
- Has Voldemort fallen out of love with the euro?
- Bank Holiday Special: Hamlet contemplates an unco...
- The non-farm payroll report
- All that glitters...
- Commie, Clown, or Copper?
- ▼ May (23)
- ► 2007 (336)