It's a great day for golf today- sunny and warm in the Southeast of England. So Macro Man has spent the morning on the links with his father, who's visiting from the States. Despite getting caught behind the group picture to the left, it was still a highly enjoyable day. Certainly it was more profitable than trying to trend-follow some popular positions, such as short European equities....
...short NZD (pictured below versus AUD)....
...or even short USD/JPY.
Still, Macro Man supposed that you have to throw a bone to the quarter-end window dressers, fixing front-runners, and assorted noise-makers.
Tomorrow is another day, month, and quarter; fortunately, the problems in the US and elsewhere are the same old, same old.
- ► 2014 (166)
- ► 2013 (85)
- ► 2012 (119)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (213)
- ► 2009 (248)
- It's a great day for golf
- Slip Slidin' Away
- Vizzini takes charge of the Fed
- If you whack it, they will come
- Euro 2008: A Glimpse at the Future of Europe
- The witch's hat
- Hits, Runs, and Errors
- Fair game?
- The joys of writing
- Ireland's call
- Kicking and screaming
- When bad hedges happen to good people
- Life in a fat tail
- Red Eye
- Make no mistake
- If the day ends in y
- The ECB's Vicious Circle
- Trichet's message to Euribor longs
- Stop! Hammer Time
- A modern financial nursery rhyme
- The Fed goes on the Atkins Diet
- A bad hair day
- Stop me if you think you've heard this one before
- ▼ June (24)
- ► 2007 (336)