Macro Man has spent most of the day bedding in, getting his technology up and running at his new job. Despite this, so far today he's seen/heard:
*Rumours that UBS is going under and needs to be rescued by Credit Suisse
*Rumours that HBOS is going under
* Rumours that Lloyds bank is going under
* Rumours that the Bank of England has cancelled all staff holidays over Easter
* A cheeky 20 handle range on the SPX
* Close to a 2 yen range in USD/JPY
As Pip from great Expectations might say, "What Larks!"
- ► 2014 (159)
- ► 2013 (85)
- ► 2012 (119)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (213)
- ► 2009 (248)
- At last...
- How best to sell the UK?
- More questions than answers
- Let the good times roll!
- Of rocks and hard places
- You can never go home....
- Timmy Geithner, SIV Manager!?!?!?!?!?
- All That Craters Is Not Gold
- Where will George W. Bush rank?
- What Larks!
- Let's think this through....
- Financial market limbo
- The Devil Went Down to Wall Street
- A BSC Market
- Would you believe it?
- Will the last one to leave please turn out the lig...
- A secret Fed memo recovered by Macro Man's sources...
- Just another boring day....
- So What'd I Miss?
- Alternative uses for the dollar
- What have we learned so far?
- Bad P/L probems....of the very best kind
- Which comes first?
- 2008: The year of....?
- ▼ March (24)
- ► 2007 (336)